Enhanced Buffer Tube Cover Kit (Black)
Traditionally, the receiver extension (buffer tube) on AR-10 and AR-15 pattern firearms served a dual purpose. The first being to house the recoil system and the second to serve as a base for a fixed or adjustable butt stock. Recent innovations in featureless rifles and AR pistol variants, have eliminated the need for the buffer tube to support a butt stock.
Our Buffer Tube Covers are designed to return maximum functionality to the buffer tube. It restores the diameter lost from the stock being removed, allowing the shooter to maintain a proper cheek weld. It also gives the buffer tube increased functionality by adding snap on cheek rise slots and ambidextrous hard points for quick detach slings (Enhanced version only). They are injection molded in incredibly tough 33% glass filled nylon and are much more attractive than a foam sock or a bare metal tube.
- DOES NOT FIT ANY BUFFER TUBE OVER 1.18" IN DIAMETER
- Fits any pistol buffer tube between 1.16" and 1.18" diameter
- Fits any standard Commercial or Mil-Spec carbine buffer tube
- Injection molded in 33% glass filled nylon
- Restores buffer tube to correct height and girth
- Grooves for CAA snap on cheek risers (see related items)
- Two quick detach sling hard points (Enhanced version only)
- Adaptable to Command Arms SST1 stock saddle (CLICK HERE)
- Adaptable to Mission First Tactical Evolv™ stock saddle with our Hard Mount Bracket Kits (CLICK HERE)
- Instructions and mounting hardware included
- Length: 7.5"
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
- Outside diameter: 1.35"
Made in USA
The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, Technology Branch has affirmed that the Thordsen Customs Buffer Tube Cover (with or without an optional cheek rise or rest) IS NOT a "rifle stock" and DOES NOT reclassify an AR/AK type "Pistol" as a "short barreled rifle" under definitions established by the National Firearms Act of 1934 or the Gun Control Act of 1968. Click on the link below to read the letter from ATF.
RECOIL KITS, BUFFER TUBES, AND ENDPLATE OPTIONS FOR AR/AK PISTOL CHEEL REST KITS
|KEYED RECOIL KIT||KEYED BUFFER TUBE||KAK/TC RECOIL KIT||KAK/TC BUFFER TUBE||KAK SUPER RECOIL KIT||KAK SUPER TUBE|
| COMPATIBLE ENDPLATE OPTIONS
||COMPATIBLE ENDPLATE OPTIONS||COMPATIBLE ENDPLATE OPTIONS|
|MIL SPEC||ERGONOMIC||MIL SPEC||ERGONOMIC||MIL SPEC||ERGONOMIC|
|SLING LOOP PLATE||LOOP COMBO||MAGPUL ASAP QD||MAGPUL ASAP||MAGPUL ASAP QD||MAGPUL ASAP|
|MAGPUL PARACLIP||SLING MOUNT||LOOP COMBO||QD END PLATE||LOOP COMBO||QD END PLATE|
It is the responsibility of firearms dealers and private firearms owners to know and fully understand all federal, state, and local firearms laws in their area. Thordsen Customs LLC will not be held liable for any misuse of its products and will assume that our product(s) comply with state and local laws unless otherwise notified by authorities.